MIND THE GAP – Measuring (in)equality in Croatia
About the Project
The project aimed at enhancing the system of protection from discrimination in Croatia through training of relevant stakeholders, awareness raising activities and research. Furthermore, it aimed at establishing and maintaining system of (in)equality data collection in Croatia, but also exchanging of good practices in the field of data collection among CSOs, institutions and academia in Europe. Thus, the project had the following objectives:
Objective 1 was to raise the quality of implementation of antidiscrimination legislation through raising the level of knowledge of most important stakeholders – judges, state attorneys and human rights lawyers, in this field.
Objective 2 was to raise the quality of antidiscrimination policies through systematic data collection and enhancement of Civil Society Organisations’ research and monitoring of implementation of antidiscrimination policies.
Objective 3 was to decrease the level of discriminatory behaviour by raising level of awareness of general public about consequences and prohibition of discrimination and to increase awareness and knowledge of disadvantaged groups of their legal possibilities of protection against discrimination.
The project included the following workstreams:
- Education of lawyers, judges and state attorneys on hate speech, hate crime and antidiscrimination legislation
- Research on the causes of discrimination and system of protection from discrimination
- Awareness raising campaign on discrimination
- Exchange of good practices in equality data collection
- Development of equality data collection system
Persons involved: Monika Mayrhofer
Contact persons: Monika Mayrhofer
Lead Organisation: Centre for Peace Studies, Zagreb, Croatia
Partner Organisations: Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights (LBI-GMR), Office for Human Rights and the Rights of National Minorities (Croatia), Ombudsman of the Republic of Croatia, Judicial Academy (Croatia), Serbian National Council (Croatia)
Project start: 01/2016
Project end: 12/2017
Project completed: Yes
Funded by: European Commission, DG JUSTICE
Programme Line LBI-GMR: (In-)Equalities and Non-Discrimination
- This project is implemented with the financial support of the Justice Programme of the European Union. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights (LBI-GMR) and its project partners and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Commission.