Data protection and e-government expert, longstanding experience as former civil servant in charge of data protection in Austria and as former data protection commissioner.
At present: consulting and extensive lecturing on data protection matters, senior counsel to the BIM, many publications in the fields of data protection and e-government.
Geographic areas of activities: EU, Western Balkans, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia
Expert to the following projects:
- Institution-building for alignment with the Union acquis on the protection of personal data (Twinning in Albania)
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Handbook on European Data Protection Law
- Strengthening the Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights (Twinning in Ukraine)
- Implementation of personal data protection strategy (Twinning in Montenegro)
- Assistance to the Office for Personal Data Protection (Twinning in the Czech Republic)
- Data State Inspection in Latvia (Twinning in Latvia)